Friday, January 21, 2011

Explanation of Project

Screenshot of Real Simple website

This semester I have chosen to analyze Real Simple magazine's print publication and web platform. For the next few months I will purchase the magazine and check the site to monitor changes and find interesting multimedia elements. I feel that this magazine has a lot to offer on both sides.

On Real Simple's site they have a tab that gives an overview of the site and a tab that gives an overview of the publication. I plan to pay special attention to these areas of the site every week to see how often a monthly publication switches up their web content. The screen shot above is of their Web Site, and shows the tabs I mentioned.

I hope to find out pertinent information this semester about social media strategies implemented by this publication and how Real Simple is adapting to such a web-centric world.

No comments:

Post a Comment